Keeping Your Teeth Healthy Over The Holidays
- Try to limit or avoid sticky, or sugary food and drinks. These tend to take longer to break down and will leave more sugar in your mouth, which can lead to cavities and decay.
- If you do partake in holiday treats, brush your teeth if you can after. This is in addition to your regular twice a day routine.
- Don’t crack nuts or open packages with your teeth! We’ve all done it, but don’t be tempted. You may break or damage a tooth, so make sure to use the proper tools for your holiday jobs!
- Stay hydrated! Drinking water throughout the day and after sweets will help flush some of the sugar away from your teeth and keep decay at bay!
- Don’t forget to floss! Especially during the holidays when most of us are indulging on all the sweet treats that seem to be in abundance at this time of year.
- Holiday stress can be hard to control but if you can find ways to do so, it may help with something that goes along with stress, nail biting! Nail biting can cause damage or erosion to the enamel of your teeth.
- MODERATION! We all want to enjoy and celebrate the holidays and the most important thing is to do so in moderation. You can still enjoy all the festive treats that the holidays have to offer, just make sure to take care of your smile while doing it!
Contact our office today to schedule an appointment!
Huntersville Office (Lake Norman) Phone Number 704-875-8833 Book Online
Comments are closed.